Send via SMS

I came, I saw, I cheesed

May 14, 2006

Are you beautiful?

Pun of the day:
I don't want to be beautiful.
I don't want to be you the fool.




Everybody knows James Blunt now, because of "You're beautiful".

James might be quite blunt with the lyrics of his song "You're beautiful", but that breakout hit has reached number one on the Billboard Hot 100 this year.

Who doesn't know James Blunt now? Everyone, from little kids to aunties uncles ah lian ah beng to neighbours colleagues classmates bosses to your gym instructor to the petrol kiosk worker, all are now praising each other's gorgeousness. Maybe James Blunt should really get a Nobel prize for this world-peace-promoting song.

It's really amazing how a song can tahan so long. Few months after the release, it is still playing like mad on the radio today.

And i know you all like this song. But i'm just a little bit annoyed by the omnipresence of said song and it's disturbing lyrics.

I was talking to a friend about him today.

Cheesie:: Dammit this is the 4th time i heard You're Beautiful on the same bloody channel today!

Friend: Haha. It's nice what.

Cheesie:: Of course it is. But it is only nice when you don't play it round-the-clock for half a year consecutively.

Friend: Can't complain. Everybody can sort of relate to the song in some way. Typical heartbreak song la, you are not getting the person you want most. :(

Cheesie:: I actually like the melody very much, but when i really listened to the lyrics right, i kinda felt disgusted leh.

Friend: *shocked* Huh why?! It's such a sweet and touching song! Not to mention so kesian too.

Cheesie:: Kesian yes touching no. More like pathetic and perverted. Man, imagine it's some middle-age, balding, balls-scratching horny ah pek crooning the song while ogling at Jessica Alba's poster. Can you imagine!!

Friend: You damn potong steam. -_-



I dunno la. You all tell me if i'm the only who thinks like that. -_-



Original Lyrics


"You're Beautiful" by James very the Blunt

My life is brilliant.

My life is brilliant.
My love is pure.
I saw an angel.
Of that I'm sure.
She smiled at me on the subway.
She was with another man.
But I won't lose no sleep on that,
'Cause I've got a plan.

You're beautiful. You're beautiful.
You're beautiful, it's true.
I saw your face in a crowded place,
And I don't know what to do,
'Cause I'll never be with you.

Yeah, she caught my eye,
As we walked on by.
She could see from my face that I was,
Flying high, [ - video/radio edited version]
Fucking high, [ - CD version]
And I don't think that I'll see her again,
But we shared a moment that will last till the end.

You're beautiful. You're beautiful.
You're beautiful, it's true.
There must be an angel with a smile on her face,
When she thought up that I should be with you.
But it's time to face the truth,
I will never be with you.


********************************************************************************


James has got a monumentally boring music video. I think i can do better than him looking as if he's just fell into a longkang and stripping off throughout the MV, seriously.

Check out Cheesie's version of "You're beautiful" MV stills. Lyrics edited to enhance the beauty of the song.

If you have that song, please play it and sing along with me.

Have cheese.















[CHORUS]







[/CHORUS]








[CHORUS]







image retrieved from kennysia.com. But he took it from somewhere else also la. Who cares.


[END]


What a beautiful song right?

:)


*edit*
There's a more beautiful verson here . Thanx Blurcase for the link. :)

37 people cheesed:

  • At 5/14/2006 09:31:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    HhHAhAHahahhaha...
    that really defines the lyrics... lol...
    nice take on the song!! :P

    have a cheesy day... ;)

     
  • At 5/14/2006 09:47:00 PM, Blogger Suryanata said…

    change ONE the term "you" to "i'm/me" and the whole songs' nature changes from kesian to monstrosity. Try it.

    I'm beautiful, it's true.
    I saw my face in a crowded place,

    Yeah, I caught my eye,
    As I walked on by.
    I could see from my face that I was,
    Flying high, [ - video/radio edited version]
    Fucking high, [ - CD version]

    imagine that playing all month long... classic man.

     
  • At 5/14/2006 09:53:00 PM, Blogger albert said…

    LOL, beautiful post. Sent shivers down my spine because of how much work you put into this post (like Kenny Sia).

    And it's also a favorite song of a kesian person who sends funny vibes when I say his name.

    Other songs of patheticness:
    Kelly Clarkson - Because Of You
    Lionel Ritchie - Hello

     
  • At 5/14/2006 10:13:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hard work you have done!

    What about making a real MV instead of pics?
    You can find that "Limpeh" at Singapore as the MV actor...

    kekeke...

     
  • At 5/14/2006 11:21:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    great job in the MV.. i bet you spend some good time on it... =)

    i am calling my mom now.. catch you later..

     
  • At 5/14/2006 11:41:00 PM, Blogger ~*blurcase*~ said…

    I dun get the MV...o.O

    strip poker player???

     
  • At 5/14/2006 11:54:00 PM, Blogger endroo G said…

    ah well. nowadays it looks like there's another song hitting the waves at least on hitz.fm. There, that "I'm so sick of love song.." song. Who's that nigga who sang that song ?

    Each MCs will play that song in their show. Like everyone here, I too agree that listening so many times for a song can be a bad thing. You just get sick of it. Damn.

     
  • At 5/14/2006 11:58:00 PM, Blogger ~*blurcase*~ said…

    that's until they make Parody version...


    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=thtmaZnxk_0&feature=Views&page=1&t=a&f=b

    check this 1 out~!!

     
  • At 5/15/2006 12:04:00 AM, Blogger E-quan said…

    a really nice one.

    good job!

    cheers!

     
  • At 5/15/2006 12:11:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I hate that song with a passion. His whiney voice. His cheesy and yes, slightly perverted lyrics, and I just can't stand the fucking song.

     
  • At 5/15/2006 12:22:00 AM, Blogger cheesie said…

    Blurcase: Thanx for the link! A perfect cheese-me-up to beat monday blue.

    I'm gonna link it to my post. :P

     
  • At 5/15/2006 12:49:00 AM, Blogger Angel said…

    i saw that parody last night..
    and you've got it today..
    nice post though...
    good job..
    but i felt a lot with that song..
    really..

     
  • At 5/15/2006 01:13:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    dear god, you all have a vendetta against him. id be honest, im a fan of his >.< omg here comes the killing spree.

    wait, before you do, try his other songs, maybe you can come up with more preverted versions.

     
  • At 5/15/2006 01:21:00 AM, Blogger Silhouette said…

    At least its better than having eminem or d12 being played over and over again. Heard it over the radio for 6 times once, so annoyed.

     
  • At 5/15/2006 01:33:00 AM, Blogger ~*blurcase*~ said…

    XD

    Anonymous: no doubt i like his songs...esp Goodbye my Lover...i juz dun get his mv...too deep for me to comprehend

    btw..thanx for linking cheesie hehe...got to know his songs thru my frenz (like a day ago)...*yeah yeah...i'm abit outdated in the music department*

     
  • At 5/15/2006 03:27:00 AM, Blogger L1 said…

    http://photos1.blogger.com/hello/214/10149/430/yb17.jpg

    nice ghetto talk girl.. wonder where you got that from huh? ;o)

    seriously funny post that ranks up there with prettyboy etc. your version of the song is soooo much better and not to mention you sing it better too ;o) Blunt always sounds like a cat being strangled :oP

     
  • At 5/15/2006 03:46:00 AM, Blogger kennysia said…

    Heh heh. That cracked me up. :P

    If that song was in Mandarin, it'd be remixed by Ah Bengs and played loud loud by all the Beng shops in Sungai Wang already.

    But since it's not in Mandarin, most likely some Taiwanese singer is going to translate it to Mandarin and ruin the whole song.

     
  • At 5/15/2006 04:16:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Actually, is not at all like make love in same position many time... I'm sure you are joking, right :)

    At the moment this song drive me crazy also because EVERYWHERE play it... if they want us buy this song WHYYYYYY
    play it every 5min on different radio channel.... now I hate it and never buy it haha

    Thank you for making this post cheesie-sama it express my feeling about this song very well :)

     
  • At 5/15/2006 01:52:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    i translate it to hokkien...


    Wa seh uak cin kiang.

    Wa seh uak cin kiang.
    Wa su kak cin cia.
    Wa kua tiok ti shi.
    Uh nya kua tiok.
    E chio kak wa kin heuy cia cham.
    E ka pak kho ta po.
    Ta pi wa beh mai koon ui tiok hee ler,
    ing wei wa uh pak sheng.

    Lu sui,lu sui,
    Lu sui,cin ehhh.
    Wa kua tiok lu bin kin ceh lang,
    Liaw wa beh cai ai cho hamik,
    Ing wei wa beh tang kak lu peh peh.

    Na bueh,lu liak tiok wa eh bak ciew,
    Wa lang kia kin kuey.
    E eh tang kua tiok wa bin wa ai,
    Puey kuan,(lalio pang eh)
    Pu kuan,(cd eh)
    Wa chi tiok wa kua beh tiok e liaw,
    Wa lang peh peh cit tuan si kan eh kaw buey.

    Lu sui.lu sui.
    Lu sui,cin ehh.
    Ta tiok si uh ti shi cio kin e eh bin,
    Tan e sio wa ta tiok ai ka lu.
    Ta pi si kan kin bin ai cin,
    Wa beh tang kak lu.

     
  • At 5/15/2006 02:13:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I don't see whats wrong with the lyrics. It's a simple lyric with a pretty direct meaning to it. If you dun interpret it to be perverted then it won't carry a perverted meaning to it =)

    Radio stations that constantly plays the music (or any in fact) on and on and on annoys the hell outa me (hitz fm esp..nowonder I dun listen to that st. anymore). And when a song is overplayed, it'd eventually make you dislike the song and influence the way you interpret the lyrics. The reason why they overplay it is not coz they want you to buy his album but its because the song is topping the chart and hitz fm especially, only plays current popular songs, which narrows down alot on the choices of songs they can play, hence the overplaying of song.

     
  • At 5/15/2006 04:52:00 PM, Blogger Kelly Siew said…

    I did see a perverted meaning to it. glad i'm not alone!

    it's overplayed and overrated

    have u listen to Goodbye My Lover yet?

    funny how this guy is a soldier

     
  • At 5/15/2006 05:41:00 PM, Blogger Nie said…

    Um, cheesie, I was just wondering...
    I was reading through your previous entries and I notice you're taking journalism at Lim Kok Wing?
    Is there an A-levels course for journalism too? Just curious as I may want to take it after my spm this year.
    I tried to search on the webbie but all they have are art, designing and business o_O
    thanks for your help :)

     
  • At 5/15/2006 05:44:00 PM, Blogger s0hp0h said…

    ^^ haha.. my fren who liked this song owes sing it as ur "boil tofu" (in canto) it's trueee.. hahaha cos it sounds similar.. damn funny..

     
  • At 5/15/2006 06:53:00 PM, Blogger endroo G said…

    Silhouette,

    Please dont diss Em and his hommies, D12. Em's a genius but the radio station is just being too much and spoil the mood... I mean playing their songs too many times.

    Btw, I won't complain for listening Em's Sing For The Moment for 10 times a day. Well, people tend to be "I don't mind" to listening their favourite singer.

    No hard feelings please. Cheers. Happy Whatever Day.

     
  • At 5/15/2006 07:47:00 PM, Blogger cheesie said…

    Ah Nel:Hello! Thanx for the hokkien version. Though i cant understand fully but i kinda get how funny it sounds. :P

    Babybluey:A level? There's no A level in LUCT but if you mean foundation course for Mass Comm (Journalism or FTV major), yes we do. There're altogether 8 semesters for the degree program, sem one and sem two (first year) are the foundation for whatever major you're gonna be in :)

    Art, design and business are diploma programs. :)

     
  • At 5/15/2006 08:05:00 PM, Blogger cheesie said…

    Kelly: He's a soldier? That kinda reminds me of Singapore singer Ah Du. I heard he was a construction worker (or so they say 泥水佬, lol) before he got famous no? They kinda have something in common la, like acting damn kesian and singing songs that send you suicidal vibes. Man i wonder if their kesianess and "exotic" voice have got something to do with their occupation. :P

    Don't ever underestimate an average joe (yes offence, Joe17301-sama :P), they might turn out to be your idol the next minute.

     
  • At 5/15/2006 09:03:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I came across a sweeter video on youtube. Not the funny one but something from the heart. sadly the couple couldnt be together too.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DqO48fasuu0

     
  • At 5/15/2006 10:41:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Find d song very Brit and raw. Have always thought that the song's lyrics remind of a pyscho stalker, ever since the first time I heard it. But for some reason, the melody makes me very very sad.

    They play it all the time in San Jose when i was last there for a business trip too. Various radio stations round the clock.

    *Extranormal

     
  • At 5/16/2006 01:16:00 PM, Blogger Sing Ngibk said…

    love ur blog lenglui...

     
  • At 5/16/2006 05:16:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I think u are so not funny...

     
  • At 5/16/2006 05:46:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    so lame!

     
  • At 5/16/2006 07:10:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    ok... so why go to effort of read blog and make a post if it is so "lame" and "so not funny"? Everyone have own opinion but really, sometime we don't need
    to express our negative opinion, right?

     
  • At 5/17/2006 10:03:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    The comment box says "Post a comment" not "Post a Positive Comment". This is my comment and I think it is lame and so not funny, any problem? And it is true..Most of her entries are lame,not funny and stupid.And she always show off especially telling the whole world that there are so many people wanting her number on msn,wanna chat with her on msn and so. What a biatch!

     
  • At 5/17/2006 07:58:00 PM, Blogger cheesie said…

    Cindy: So Cindy... what's your number?
    ;)

     
  • At 5/17/2006 08:44:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    cindy,joe17301,errr,and...cheesie:

    i think u all are too old to be childish...
    -_-lll

    ooppss, did i offence?

    kekeke...

     
  • At 5/17/2006 10:39:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Everyone just fell into my trap! Anywayz,email address cindy_lim87@gmail.com, h/p 0123535997. Call me!

     
  • At 5/18/2006 01:27:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    sou ka... cindy you're crazy but it's ok. Just do not forget,
    take your medicine :)

    old... hmmm ya... old man. Need hip replacement. Send me money.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home