Send via SMS

I came, I saw, I cheesed

May 22, 2006

Maxis Ad Season 2

Pun of the day:
Keju: *packs bunny in suitcase*
Bunny: *packs bunny suit just in case*


When Peachick sent me this photo, I went omicheezcheesuscrust non-stop for 5 minutes.



Omicheez Cheesus Crust!

A bigass wall ad!

How often do you see a life-size you on the street? Cheez, I wonder how Amber Chia feels man. She sees herself everywhere wherever she goes. Not creepy one meh?

Excited, I went to KLCC to see myself for myself.




OMC! After careful scrutiny, I reckon I might want to take back some things I’ve said awhile ago in my Maxis entry.

They actually show my legs! (They didn't show it on paper ad.)



Ok la, granted. It’s quite difficult to PS the reflection on the ground so my apolocheese.

After admiring myself the reflection of the water for awhile, I suddenly went wait-a-minute-WTFish.

>__<

Damn. I just realized I was conned again. Maxis cowdunged me. They are so full of buffalopoo.

See hor. These companies and talent agencies are damn smart nowadays. They know how to exploit poor little obscure talents to the max.

They will tell you “please come for a casting because you are shortlisted for a so and so print ad”, and when you ask for the pay they will tell you a figure that pushes your eyebrows inwards. Then you ask again “ WTF Sorry, but how come so little ah? It's for (insert a bigtime company’s name) wor”, then they will reply you “Oh, the budget is low because it is only a small scale print ad that will only be out in the paper/brochure/mag”. They are not even sure which print it is.





Got such giant size tabloid ah?

You guys go MPH pick up an “Intro to Advertising”, turn to page 24, they will tell you this is an outdoor ad, print your ass!

-_-

It is not the first time happening lor. Previously some Z cosmetic company also paid me peanuts hazelnut ok la walnut (definitely not coconut) for a photoshoot they claimed "will only be printed on brochures for display at the cosmetic booths" (You know, those purchase-RMXXX-worth-of-product-and-get-a-free-makeover-and-some-weird hairstyle-and-get-stuffed-in-some-mink-and-hola-look-here-smile-and-*click*-and-print gimmick.)


Then I see myself smiling happily in X magazine



and Y magazine


Watson catalogue



and big banners in shopping malls.



ONLY BE DISPLAYED AT THE BOOTH YOUR ASS.

LIARSSS.

>__<


smashpOp being his usual siao self.




Fucckaccino. I don’t get paid RM so-and-so to be humiliated like this ok! Imagine how many ball-scratching balding hamsuplows will ogle at your half unbuttoned top and god knows what they’ll do to the wall.


I'm going to sue Maxis kao kao!






Don't angwee ok Maxis people who read this. By the way i love your RM1 for 1000 SMS Maniac Monday. :)

32 people cheesed:

  • At 5/22/2006 07:24:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Life-size you.. you on brochures, in magazines, on buntings... heh..small time model meh? hehehe. Like I told you..Amber Chia steps down, Cheesie steps up ;o)

    About old hamsup lohs ogling, I think it won't just be them.. it'll be hamsup loh - old and young alike.

     
  • At 5/22/2006 08:21:00 PM, Blogger JaMie said…

    my friend's dad is the editor of Maxis..haha..but in East Malaysia only

     
  • At 5/22/2006 08:35:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    i reckon you are proud and happy on that...

    although you may have the risk of "illusionally molested"

    kekeke...

     
  • At 5/22/2006 08:49:00 PM, Blogger cheesie said…

    errr: well you have to queue after 726632638 starving souls (therefore bring your own camp and canned food) to get a permit to queue to get the number to queue for registration. Have fun.

    Jamie: Hello Jamie =) Ask your friend's dad if he needs bunnies in the next ad. :P

    Anonie: still it constitutes sexual harrassment. But yea, kinda like a new thing to me =P

     
  • At 5/22/2006 09:07:00 PM, Blogger s0hp0h said…

    haha.. dat must be real weirdooooo... kenot imagine!! I must look for dat ad when in m'sia and take pic with it.. wahahhaha

     
  • At 5/22/2006 09:53:00 PM, Blogger Nel Ong said…

    - c o m m e n t -

    Anyway, won't ppl recognize u when they see the ad and also the model in person? LoL...

    o_O|||

     
  • At 5/23/2006 12:14:00 AM, Blogger allen said…

    cheese cheese.. why did u flip the first pic?

    I was in the maxis centre last weekend. was your print there back then? i didnt really observe anything that day. was in a rush. in fact, i haven't been to klcc for a loooooong time.

    and.. hmm.. i dont get to enjoy the RM 1 for 1000 SMS Maniac Monday. I'm on postpaid. -.-

     
  • At 5/23/2006 12:22:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    a2blog: it ain't flipped, it's only a mirror...

    it's not the matter how long haven't you been to klcc...

    kekeke...

     
  • At 5/23/2006 02:43:00 AM, Blogger allen said…

    anonymous: :P yeah.. i figured that out when i had a second glance on the pic, after i post the comment. so, it was mirrored image eh?

    and i really have not been to klcc for ages.. =.= like sooooooooooo long.

     
  • At 5/23/2006 03:16:00 AM, Blogger endroo G said…

    Cheesie:

    Is the bigass ad only available at the KLCC i-Centre?

    About the fact you're being "conned" (sorry, I can't think of any other appropriate term), but, well.. you seems unhappy the way the conned you by saying pictures taken are the brouchures and so & so things but in fact they print it in 'outdoor' scale or at least bigger than A4. I think you shouldn't be upset that the fact is that they conned you (pay small print big..real big). They're helping you to sell your image.

    I don't know if Amber Chia is just merely your colleague.. friend or relative or whoever, don't you wanna be as marketable as her.. one day ? I don't know if you have appeared in high-profile ads or just some freelance earning some extra papers because I don't even know you (i strolled into this blog of your and found it interestingly funny apart from the fact the lenglui pics I can see). But hey, go step by step. They're doing something indirectly in your favour.

    I will be looking forward to see your face at every giant billboard (ie. at the traffic lights). Good luck and have a good day.

    *no hard feelings please. :) Cheers.

    PS: Can I have one digitally personally-autographed hi-res ad? Send it to [endroo at G mail dot com]. Thank you very much.

     
  • At 5/23/2006 08:09:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    so that ad was you huh? i think i saw it somewhere somehow when i was on vacation in malaysia...

    anyway!! keep up the good work. i belief that you will land yourself a big gig soon... but remember!! to read what you sign... you can use that as proof to get more money!!! =)

     
  • At 5/23/2006 08:46:00 AM, Blogger ~*blurcase*~ said…

    Agree with Endroo...u have the potential...make it big...we'll be supporting...
    I guess youth is your greatest weapon xD

     
  • At 5/23/2006 09:39:00 AM, Blogger cheesie said…

    endroo G: So far i've only seen it in KLCC. :)

    I wouldn't say "con", but I call it "exploitation".

    Yes they are helping me sell my image, *indirectly*, and you can say it is for exposure and so on, but that doesn't mean they can underpay a talent.

    If that's the case, in the future, advertisers will just pay the talent RM100 and make him/her do whatever for the commercial and put up bigass billboard at Sg Besi highway. And trust me, tons of girls are willing to do that for that kind of pay for so-called "exposure".

    What i'm saying is, there's a certain market value for each kind of commercial and they shouldn't spoil the market like this, at least pay what we deserved to be paid according to the nature of the advertisement.

    I'm not related to Amber in any way. Just happened to have friends who know her. :)

    But keep accepting underpaying commercial wouldn't get me anywhere near Amber. But yes, i agree with you on going step by step.

    BTW, autograph on you way. :)

    cheese!

     
  • At 5/23/2006 11:54:00 AM, Blogger kennysia said…

    *blush*

     
  • At 5/23/2006 01:50:00 PM, Blogger Angel said…

    extra free publicity..
    cool..
    just pray that they don't put it onto a much more big@$$ ad billboard by the roadside or outside the Maxis building..
    i can see that coming..
    haha..

     
  • At 5/23/2006 02:27:00 PM, Blogger ah nel said…

    hmmm...they are wrong cheating to you but they might made ur parent proud when ppl start saying...

    wah...lu cabo kia sui ho(ur daughter pretty ho)

    wah...ta lok ler uh e eh sio eng(whre also got her photo)

    anyway liar is a liar...burn down their company... :)

     
  • At 5/23/2006 04:30:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    So dark the con of man.

    kekeke...

     
  • At 5/23/2006 05:12:00 PM, Blogger albert said…

    Wah, makes me wanna apply for Maxis postpaid so I have an excuse to visually molest you every month. :D

    And WHOA check out my arms, yo. I don't look so skinny! And yay to the left face.

     
  • At 5/23/2006 10:06:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    did many people see you admiring yourself? :D

     
  • At 5/23/2006 11:27:00 PM, Blogger endroo G said…

    Whalau, people are using Dan Brown's riddles. PS, find Robert Langdon.

    Chairman Meow: I think people don't recognize her for the real person... in ad, all use make-up. Look at the pictures, she got no make up that day at KLCC.

    Cheesie: Thaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaannk youuuuuuuuuuuuu very much.

     
  • At 5/24/2006 01:06:00 AM, Blogger Mei said…

    Wow babe! I bet I'll be seeing you everywhere when I get back to KL for holidays! Way to go!! :D

     
  • At 5/24/2006 03:55:00 PM, Blogger Danny said…

    Urm, most agencies are like that here..? Not honest..? :P

    i guess that's why some models have managers or agencies to protect them. hmm...

     
  • At 5/25/2006 08:56:00 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Hi, i saw that big poster too, about a month ago cz im jz working at maxis tower. wanted to snap it & send to u one day..but now u've seen it already! hehe

     
  • At 5/25/2006 12:59:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Encore! Encore!

     
  • At 5/26/2006 10:03:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi There,

    I was going to ask you to be my guinea pig to test try my company's lingerie and blog about it...but after reading your tirade on Maxis...scared liao. Oh well..guess have to hunt for another happenning gal blogger.

    Mandy

     
  • At 5/26/2006 05:41:00 PM, Blogger cheesie said…

    Mandy: LOL sounds fun. Well if you change your mind you know where to reach me. :P

     
  • At 5/26/2006 11:25:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Yaya....we get it...u r so popular...show off freak!

     
  • At 5/27/2006 01:31:00 AM, Blogger endroo G said…

    whooh... guinea pig for lingeries?! =)

    My fingers crossed for the report photos.

     
  • At 5/27/2006 04:37:00 PM, Blogger cheesie said…

    Anti-Cheese: Why thank you! :D

     
  • At 5/30/2006 05:02:00 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    AAAAAAHHH!!! That's you???!

    No wonder lar, so pretty and all

     
  • At 5/30/2006 05:06:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hallow there...

    Im a new reader of yr blog,and..funny lar u. I have always wanted to do this ad thingy, but somehow have never trusted those "talent scouts" ppl who have approached me at Midvalley and KLCC. I always imagine that they're gonna make me strip naked or sumthing at the studio(?) Also hor, sumtimes I wonder whether Im good enuff, or am I just being perasan, thinking Im good enuff. Im quite short oso leh... 5'2 only. Not as slim as Id like to be oso. Sigh, now ive gone and made myself depressed. Any input? Tqqq so much.

     
  • At 5/30/2006 07:31:00 PM, Blogger cheesie said…

    Sharon: Hello welcome! Well some of the talent scouts are really just scams. So just becareful. You can always try out, no harm doing so. ;)

    There're tons of talent agencies out there, and they need all sorts of talents, so you might just fit into a particular category they are looking for.

    Good luck!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home